Health and Safety Systems Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: Health and Safety Systems Officer
ACCOUNTABLE TO Training Manager
SALARY: Point 22 – 28: £18,065 - £24,226 (Pro Rata applies to part-time staff)
HOURS OF WORK: Full Time 39 hrs
- Leading as directed in ensuring all departments within the organisation are compliant with
- current Health and Safety legislation
- To contribute to the coordination and implementation of Health and Safety policies, procedures and practices across the organisation.
- To provide advice, guidance and instruction to all designations with the operation and monitoring of Health and Safety systems in the workplace.
- To raise awareness of Health and Safety within the organisation.
- Manage the Facilities Officer
- The primary part of the role of the Health and Safety Officer is to promote and ensure
- occupational Health and Safety awareness is embedded into the organisations culture
- To take the lead in monitoring and implementing safety related functions; including risk assessments and training; that raise the standards of Health and Safety across the organisation, to ensure safe practices and working conditions are present.
- To provide and deliver written reports on Health and Safety legislative requirements to CEO, Heads of Departments and Board of Management.
Duties of the Post:
- Compliance with Legal Obligations
- To advise and assist Senior Management Team and other persons involved in planning, organising, controlling and maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
- To develop Innovate Trust’s health and safety policy, in consultation with all Managers and Staff.
- To implement organisation’s Health and Safety Procedures and to comply with legal obligations.
- To keep up to date with legislation, regulations and changes in Health and Safety best practice
- To produce Fire Safety Risk Assessments and Evacuation plans on an annual basis for all premises.
- To ensure Fire Prevention / Safety systems and appliances are maintained in good order and compliant with legislation and inspection.
- To assist the organisation with their fire safety arrangements in all departments.
Accident investigation and prevention
- To receive and investigate reports of accidents, dangerous occurrences and fire damage, determine their causes and make recommendations for improving recurrence prevention and controls.
- To monitor that all accidents are properly investigated by Managers, and that lessons learnt are shared across the organisation
- To maintain a system for recording, reporting and investigating injuries, accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Provide statistical summaries to the Health and Safety working group and draw attention to significant trends and occurrences.
- To be able to provide advice and guidance in producing relevant risk assessment associated with Health and Safety in the workplace.
- To assist, design, facilitate and deliver all training courses related to Health and Safety.
- To provide advice, guidance and instruction to employees’ via team meetings to ensure operational staff understand their responsibilities.
- To assist with the delivery of Health and Safety training to the people Innovate trust supports.
- Provide advice and guidance around the organisation’s risk assessments, systems, paperwork, and ensure risk assessments are completed for all activities with significant risks.
- To ensure all head of departments and/or their teams are completing Health and Safety risk assessments and all relevant paperwork.
- As part of the Quality Assurance Monitoring; prepare and coordinate Health and Safety audits for internal and external purposes; reporting breaches in regulation and identifying recommendations within agreed timescales
- Work in partnership with others to ensure recommendations’ are addressed, implemented and resolved: relaying this to internal or external parties.
- To identify Health and Safety risks, hazards, concerns: reporting these directly to the Training Manager.
- Prepare periodic reports on progress with Health and Safety systems, legislative requirements for various departments within the organisation; to the Chief Executive and the Board of Management.
- To attend the organisation’s Health and Safety working group; providing updates on changes to legislation or regulations.
- Develop a range of communication medium e.g. safety website, health and safety display board etc. to ensure that all employees are kept up to date with Health and Safety matters.
- To maintain effective communication with other key staff, appointed Safety reps, Unions Reps and all other staff with health and safety responsibilities.
- To attend the Board of Management meetings as required i.e. on a quarterly basis to report the Health and Safety statistics within the organisation.
- To attend departmental and team meetings on a regular basis, to ensure Health and Safety continues to be a point of discussion on the agenda.
Other Duties/ personal development:
- To have or work towards attaining an N.E. B.O.S.H. (National General Certificate) or equivalent qualification.
- Attend and participate in all training and development opportunities, both internal and external- in some cases contributing to training- as appropriate to the role.
- To contribute to the continuing improvement of service quality standards in terms of consultation, operational interaction and support, to satisfy internal quality assurance and external regulation.
- To represent the Organisation’s interests in any meetings attended i.e. service user groups, staff groups, management groups, parents/carers groups, multidisciplinary meetings, conferences and external forums.
- Taking responsibility for own personal development and contribute to identification of strengths and needs
- To prepare for, attend and engage in supervision, evaluation and performance reviews, accepting and providing constructive feedback.
- To maintain any necessary records and complete reports as mutually identified with the line manager.
- To manage workload efficiently and manage time effectively, in order to meet the needs of the post and observe any operational deadlines as set by the line manager.
Apply for Health and Safety Systems Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly