Job Elements: -
• To identify and secure new customers to support the company’s strategic growth path.
• To act on potential new customer leads provided by others.
• To develop ongoing relationships, and increase business levels through organic growth, with existing accounts.
• To identify and investigate new Industry Sectors and/or processes which will further enable the Company to diversify and develop their customer base.
• To undertake administrative duties such as quotations, provisions of trial runs and sample parts against customer demand on an accurate and timely basis as directed.
• To be proactive in identifying and making initial contact with potential customer leads by way of cold calling, data base trawling, word of mouth recommendation and direction from the Managing Director.
• To maintain an accurate and updated Sales database
• To carry out detailed job costings, and create relevant quotations, and submit to the customer in a timely manner.
• To follow up quotations submitted in a proactive and timely manner and record detailed actions as applicable.
• To undertake a programme of regular visits to nominated key account customers and provide relevant feedback via Visit reports.
• To update and maintain customer account files ensuring that they are accurate at all times.
• To play a proactive role in dealing with customer concerns be it relevant to quality, levels of service or finance matters.
• To assist in the creation and preparation of annual Sales Forecasts.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A background within sales gained within a manufacturing environment
• Ideally a technical education.
• Pro-active with regards to searching new clients and markets.
• Proven experience of selling technical products and services