Senior Engineer – Software Testing
Job Title: Senior Engineer – Software Testing
Salary: £29,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
This is a superb opportunity to join a well-established market leading company, based in Cardiff, who pride themselves on their high quality service and product and are looking to expand their growing multi-disciplined team to support the delivery of our suite of security printing applications. They are looking for a dynamic and talented engineer to join the team.
As a key member of the team you will have a varied role but your primary focus will be on software testing whereby you will undertake the testing of our suite of software for errors, identifying the source of issues and where applicable propose solutions. You will develop, implement and documents test plans for our software and ensure that security scans are continually updated and run via our CI server.
Your role will involve:
- Implementing and maintaining test plans for the suite of software.
- Performing manual test runs of the applications ahead of the release of the application.
- Implementing automated tests for the API products.
- Implementing automated tests for the web based products.
- Agreeing applicable load testing / performance metrics for the web and API products, designing tests to validate these are being met and integrating these tests into our CI environment.
- Designing and implementing security testing for the application and integrating these tests into our CI environment.
- Ensuring the web products adhere to the requisite accessibility standards and integrating these tests into our CI environment.
As a member of our multi-disciplined team you will also be required to support the Support, QA and Installation teams as appropriate to your skillset. Your wide experience and in depth knowledge of the Digital Certificates suite of software will allow you to provide comprehensive 2nd / 3rd line support ensuring that escalated customer issues are dealt with within the company / departmental SLA.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- experience working with line of business secure print applications
- experience testing software applications
- experience writing and maintaining software test plans
- experience of the University and/or Awarding Body sector(s)
The successful candidate will have the following specific skills:
- Continuous Integration via Team City
- Automated Delivery via Octopus Deploy
- Designing and building API test suites using Ready API or similar
- Designing and building web application testing using Selenium
- Designing and managing test plans using Target Process or similar
- Experience trouble shooting printer installation and configuration and working with PCL
The successful candidate will have the following more general skills:
- General experience of software testing using industry standard tools.
- Experience working with Windows Server 2008 / 20008R2 / 2012
- Experience working with SQL Server 2005 / 2008 / 2008R2 / 2016
- Experience working with IIS 6.0 / 7.0 / 7.5 / 8.0
- Experience working with windows desktop operating systems
Please apply by email only to:- email@example.com
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITERS, DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY PLEASE